The Other Most Beautiful Place in America

Yes, don't worry, I'm still alive. Although, somewhat unsurprisingly, there's not quite as much time to take pictures at Middlebury College as I did over the summer at Suttons Bay. Which isn't to say I haven't been taking any.

On Friday, I took a trip with the Middlebury Mountain Club up Mount Abraham (Mount Abe), the fourth-highest mountain in Vermont. It was only a sunset hike, which meant we had to go at a very fast pace... Think jogging 2,000 feet or so straight up a mountain. But boy, was the view at the top worth it.
A quick break midway up

Elven forest near the top of the mountain

God, it was so green.

This was somewhere around when we realized killing ourselves on the way up was worth it.

The view was... decent.
Everyone was exhausted once we got to the top, but nobody cared. It's hard to be unhappy with a view like this. We all ate snacks, and some had... diverse ideas of celebration, but I was content to just run around and take pictures. That's enough of a buzz for me.
There are worse planets to live on.

In this photo, you can see New York (right), New Hampshire (left), Quebec (top), and most of Vermont.
It's still September, but fall color is coming out on the Green Mountains.



As our leader said, WE LIVE HERE.

Jack decided to do some modeling.

You're welcome Jack.


Zeke didn't like these pictures, but I did, so I decided to have some fun with them.



I seem to have missed the memo on the funny faces. Although some might say that I always look like I'm in a funny-face picture.


Of course, the thing with doing a sunset hike is the part where you have to walk down a mountain in the dark. But hey, it's worth it, and not nearly as sketchy with 10 other people as it would be alone. It was a great way to start out the weekend.

I obviously won't be updating my blog as often as I was during the summer, but I'll be sure to post every time I have a new batch of pictures. Until later!

Comments

  1. I've viewed this view many times and I think it is prettier in your photos than in real life. Damn. Keep posting! This will be my portal to VT beauty for the next 9 months. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aurora Explorations

Costa Rica Intro

Antique Adventures