Sunrise From the Roof of Vermont

Well, this will be my last blog post from the states before I leave to start my year of study abroad, in California in all places. It's a little ironic that a blog called "across borders" has really only shown pictures from one country, and 2 states within that country at that. But that will soon be remedied; I intend to keep this up as I travel, and add a little more actual blogging, rather than just photos. But for now, I have just a few more pictures of Vermont to put up.

My last week in Vermont, my friend Janet and I decided to knock one more thing off of my summer bucket list, and climb a mountain to watch the sunrise. The problem is, most overlooks in the Green Mountains face westwards, making them less than ideal for morning hiking. So what better place than the third-highest mountain in the state, the Camel's Hump? Unfortunately, since the sun rises at an ungodly hour that far east, it entailed waking up at 2:30 in order to get to the top by 6. I am not a morning person, but thankfully I had Janet to prod me awake and provide me with enough unhealthy drinks to make it to the top without keeling over. 
By the time we reached the top, there was still a good 40 minutes to go before the sun rose, so we sat back, ate some breakfast, and tried not to freeze.



But when the sun did rise, boy was it worth it.






That's mist in the valleys, by the way. 






My next blog post will be made from California, hopefully this weekend or early next week. Until then, farewell to all my faithful readers (all 2 or so of you)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aurora Explorations

Costa Rica Intro

Antique Adventures