I Love Storms

Just a short post this time.


There was a nice big band of intense thunderstorms rolling through Michigan last night, which usually just serves to make me feel better about staying inside. However, I was bored, so I did what any sane person would do, and got out my camera.



Now, driving out to a field and standing in the rain with a metal tripod and camera during a lightning storm is extremely dangerous, and should not be attempted by mere laymen. Fortunately, I'm no layman, I'm an amateur photographer, so out I went. This was my very first time photographing lightning, so it was a pretty steep learning curve (first lesson: policemen find it kind of strange when you're standing by the side of the road with lightning crashing all around you). I only caught the tail end of the storm, and only came out with a few keepers, but it was still a lot of fun. Now when's the next lightning storm?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aurora Explorations

Costa Rica Intro

Antique Adventures